Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Computing – Mobile computing is widely used globally these days. Smartphone can be the best easy to understand example of mobile computing.
What is Mobile Computing?
Mobile Computing is a generic term describing one’s ability to use technology while moving, as opposed to portable computers, which are only practical for use while deployed in a stationary configuration. In other words, a technology that allows transmission of data via a computer, without having to be connected to a fixed physical link is mobile computing.
Mobile voice communication and data communication is widely established throughout the world rapidly for sending and receiving data across these cellular networks. It allows users to transmit data from remote locations to other remote or fixed locations. This proves to be the solution to the biggest problem of business people on the move – mobility.
Many types of mobile computers have been introduced since the 1990s, including the wearable, smartphone, etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Computing
Every objects have merits and demerits. Here you can understand the following advantages and disadvantages of mobile computing.
Advantages of Mobile Computing
- Portable : Mobile computing also reduces transaction cost from one account to another because of portability and easy communication access.
- Social interactivity : It is very useful tool for social interactivity that allows for data sharing and collaboration between users.
- Context sensitivity : It is also useful tool for context sensitivity to gather and respond to real or simulated data unique to a current location, environment or time.
- Connectivity ability : Its connectivity ability helps form communication of data in any environment.
- Commonly used : It is commonly used for solving on difficult activities and lesson customization for individual learners.
- Quick service : We can sell a product or give service in quicker time by using mobile computing.
Disadvantages of Mobile Computing
- Insufficient bandwidth : If the user needs access to a network such as the in internet on the go, they must resort to slow wireless WANs (Wide Are Network) system primarily intended for telephone use. Higher speed wireless LANs (Local Area Network) are only available in the specific sites.
- Security standards : When working mobile one is dependent on public networks requiring careful use of VPNs (Virtual Private Network).
- Power consumption : Since the grid can not be used, mobile computers must rely entirely on battery power. Combined with compact size, this means unusually expensive batteries must be used.
- Human interface with device : These are still uncommon, screens are often too small. Keyboards are impractical, especially one-handed, and alternate methods such as speech or handwriting, recognition require training.
What are the disadvantages of mobile computing?
Human Interface With device
What are the advantages of mobile computing ?
Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile Computing – So, merits and demerits are common. It depends on the use purpose.
Suggestive comments are welcomed.
You May Like