Block Website Chrome is the article for you to help you block unwanted websites in your google chrome. Basically, there are some conditions when you need to focus on your studies or work. During such time, Facebook, twitter, youtube, etc. can be a distraction for you.
If you are a student, then you must complete and submit the assignments and projects within the time. Or even if you are a parent, then you should consider blocking the website.
Block Website Chrome
I am writing this article assuming that you are using Google Chrome as your internet browser. Since chrome is a very popular browser and also the product of Google. As per the www.usefyi.com, Chrome has about 70% market share. So, it means the dominant number of users use Google Chrome.
Since Google Chrome is available for PC and Smartphones, you can block any website for both Computer and mobile devices.
Block Website Chrome on Desktop
Chrome has multiple extensions for various purposes. Similarly, it also has the extension for blocking the websites on chrome as well.
To do that you can use multiple extensions. Let’s take a reference for an extension.
Follow the steps:
- Go to Extensions.
2. Add More Extension.
3. Search for “Block Site”
3. Click on “+” icon
4. Also, a window pops out. Click on Add.
5. Let it download.
6. Once the extension is downloaded, it will show on the bar.
7. Now again go to the extension.
8. Click on the options.
9. Now add the URL of the website you want to block. Ex www.facebook.com
10. Also, you can set the password to unlock the block as well.
More Chrome Extensions to Block Website
You have multiple choices of Chrome Extension to block a website on Google Chrome. The benefit of using Google Chrome Internet Browser is that you have many extensions to perform the same task. You can try multiple extensions and keep the best one.
Also, if you are using some other tool or methods, then please do comment below so that the readers can understand more about blocking the websites on chrome.
Here are the Chrome extension for blocking the website on chrome.
Block Website on Chrome without Extension
You can also block websites on your chrome without any extensions. You should only create a file on hosts on the windows system. Follow the given steps:
- Login to your PC
- The user should be an administrator.
- Go to C Drive.
- Now, open the “System32″ folder inside the “Windows” folder.
- You can see the folder “drivers“. Open it.
- Now, there is a folder “etc”. Open it.
- There is a file “hosts”.
- Open it with “Notepad”.
- Now, you can add the URL of the website like www.facebook.com
- Add the URLs at the end of the file to block.
- Further, you can add more URLs to block.
- Now save the file and close it.
Block Website Chrome – Android Mobile
To block a website on Mobile phones, you should install applications on your smartphone from Google Play Store.
- Go to Google Play Store.
- Search For “blocksite”.
- Install it.
- Search for “Block Site”
- Now open the app.
- Click on “+” icon.
- Now add the URL of the website you want to block. Ex www.facebook.com
- Also, You can block certain apps as well.
- Also, you can set the password to unlock the block as well.
FAQs about Block Website Chrome
This is the method to block websites on chrome or block website chrome. You can block websites using the chrome extension as well as add the URL of the website in the host file in your C drive.
If you have any suggestions or confusion, please comment below.
You May Like