Deming Quotes | Edward Deming Quotes – Deming was an American Engineer, statistician, professor, author, lecturer and management consultant.
Standardization does not mean that we all wear the same color and weave of cloth, eat standard sandwiches, or live in standard rooms with standard furnishings. Homes of infinite variety of design are built with a few types of bricks, and with lumber of standard sizes, and with water and heating pipes and fittings of standard dimensions.
101 Deming Quotes
- People are entitled to joy in work.
- Learning is not compulsory ….. neither is survival.
- Management by results – like driving a car by looking in a rear view mirror.
- No one can measure the loss of business that may arise from a defective item that goes to a customer.
- It is wrong to suppose that if you can not measure it, you can not manage it – a costly myth.
The aim of leadership should be to improve the performance of man and machine, to improve quality, to increase output, and simultaneously to bring pride of workmanship to people. Put in a negative way, the aim of leadership is not merely to find and record failures of men, but to remove the causes of failure; to help people to do better job with less effort.
Edward Deming Quotes
- A system must have an aim. Without an aim, there is no system.
- Information is not knowledge.
- Money and time spent for training will be ineffective unless inhibitors to good work are removed.
- American management thinks that they can just copy from Japan – but they don’t know what to copy!
- The greatest waste in America is failure to use the abilities of people.
- Export anything to a friendly country except American management.
- Where there is fear you do not get honest figures. Where there is fear you do not get honest figures.
Best efforts are essential. Unfortunately, best efforts, people are charging this way and that way without getting guidance of principles, can do a lot of damage.