Cloudflare For Subdomain – Do you know that you can create unlimited subdomains from your single domain? Yes, this is possible in Cloudflare FREE of cost.
Cloudflare is an online platform that provides website performance optimization.
Either you have a blog on blogger, WordPress website or any of your websites, Cloudflare can help you in optimizing your website.
You can not just create Cloudflare For Subdomain but you can create a subdomain in Cloudflare when you add your top-level domain in Cloudflare.
Cloudflare has both Free and Paid Service but begins as a blogger I recommend all bloggers to use the free service of Cloudflare.
It is because the Free Service of Cloudflare is enough for me and it is also enough for you as well.
- It has the CDN which makes your content accessible faster from various locations of the world.
- It also helps in securing the website with HTTPS that is an SSL Certificate.
- DNS Management is another good feature of Cloudflare. It hides the original hosting server IPs and ads a default server IP from the Cloudflare server.
- You can add unlimited Host Name and CNAMEs in Cloudflare. This way you can create unlimited subdomains from a single domain.
- You can create your own firewalls rule.
- The website load time reduces due to the image compression and cashing done by Cloudflare.
Cloudflare For Subdomain
You can create an unlimited subdomain in Cloudflare. Basically, this is the additional part of your Top Level Domain.
These subdomains are created to organize the contents in your website.
Examples of Subdomain
These are examples of subdomains. Here, you can see GoNewsOn.com on all the links. So, GoNewsOn.com is the main domain. Whereas you can see the additional texts such as video, download or products connected with a dot(.).
This way, you can use the subdomains to categorize your content. If you are going to sell amazon products, then you can create a website with the subdomain amzon.yourdomain.com.
Basically, you can create the subdomains in Cpanel as well. But it might be limited. Whereas you can create multiple subdomains in Cloudflare.
Since Google Adsense needs approval for each site, you can create subdomains and place Adsense codes right after you create the website with a subdomain. You do not require any approval.
How to create subdomains in Cloudflare?
To create subdomains in Cloudflare, you must connect your domain with Cloudflare. You can do this easily.
You can follow the steps given below.
- Log in to the Cloudflare account.
- Click On Add Website.
- Enter your domain URL.
- Click next and choose FREE Plan.
- Now it shows the Hosting Server IPs, Domains and subdomains.
- Then click on continue.
- Now, you are asked to Change the Nameserver of your domain to the nameserver of Cloudflare.
- Change the name server
- That’s it.
- Within a few minutes, your website will be added and managed by Cloudflare.
Now, since you have successfully added your Domain in the Cloudflare account, multiple setting options are now available.
So, now let’s create subdomains in Cloudflare.
You can follow the steps given below to create a subdomain:
- Login to the dashboard of Cloudflare.
- Choose your active domain.
- Now, choose the option DNS.
- Now you can see the different IPS and servers pointing to your sites.
- Click On the button Add Record
- Then, you can see the option to add various records like A, CNAME, TXT, NS, CAA, etc.
- Choose the CNAME.
- Give it a name for the subdomain in the textbox name and write “@” at the Target textbox and Click on Save.
- Within a few hours, your subdomain will be ready to use.
Now you can use these subdomains to create multiple websites in your own hosting or add it to the blogger Blogspot blogs as well.
These subdomains will work as a separate website and you can use it as per your requirement.
Nameservers of Cloudflare
Cloudflare block IP
Sometimes, you get malicious traffic from certain IPs to your website.
The frequent request to your site and random clicks denotes that something malicious activity is going on your website from that IP.
You can block these suspicious IPs from Cloudflare.
Follow the given steps below for Cloudflare block IP:
- Login to the dashboard of Cloudflare.
- Choose your Domain.
- Now Go to the Firewall Option.
- Then in the IP Firewall, you can see a text box.
- You can add the suspicious IP and Choose Block Option.
- Now Click on Add to add that IP in the block list.
FAQs about Cloudflare For Subdomain
So, this was the article on Cloudflare For Subdomain. Similarly, it also helped in Cloudflare block IP Address. Also, I recommend all the bloggers to use the Cloudflare service which has a lot of features even in its Free Plan.
If anybody has tried Cloudflare, do comment below.
You May Like